I think I must have an addiction. I’m addicted to finding and/or creating the perfect bread. One that tastes so good that I want to make grilled cheese and peanut butter and jelly on it. After YEARS and YEARS of being a white wonder bread kind of girl, the fact is, all I really want is: white wonder bread.
LCHF/Banting leaves no room for white wonder bread and its 26 carbs per serving. A substitute MUST be found!
Tonight, I literally threw the following ingredients into a bowl as an experiment, i thought….could be GREAT, could be TERRIBLE. When I saw the batter, I started leaning towards terrible. 🙂 However; I was wrong! It actually came out GREAT! Who knew such an odd combination could be so tasty! And……(and this is the BEST PART) it has just 8 carbs for two slices!
Without further ado, I give you: Cheddar Coconut Zucchini Bread, please ENJOY and SHARE!
- Preheat oven to 350*
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 3 large beaten eggs
- 1 grated zucchini with skins(or chopped in food processor)
- 1 handful unsweetened coconut
- 1 handful cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. xylitol
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, blend well with a spoon or spatula.
- Spoon mixture into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the loaf passes the toothpick test in it’s center.
- Cool to room temperature, slice into 14 slices.